We have now enabled the automatic accident detection in the GPS Tracker, which means that for all GPS Tracker owners it is no longer necessary to start a tour in the app before the trip in order to activate the accident detection: the Tracker starts the tour automatically as usual and accident detection is now active for every trip.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO NOW?
In principle, all you have to do is continue riding your motorbike and carry out the three steps in the following point “What changes in the app? 😉
The accident detection function has been enabled for all trackers and is automatically adopted the next time the tracker establishes a connection – i.e. as soon as it detects a movement, when starting the motorbike or a tour.
WHAT CHANGES IN THE APP?
In the app, the tracker menu has essentially been expanded with corresponding entries:
1. New entry “Accident detection”
Once you have validated your phone number for our emergency server, you can use the automatic accident detection function (view 1).
2. Add BikerSOS to your contacts
It is best to add BikerSOS as a contact in your phone: this way, when you make a validation call (see also point 5. below), a contact will be displayed instead of just a phone number (view 2).
Permissions may still be requested in this step (view 3).
Now you can activate the accident detection for the tracker in the app and set the alarm time (the time the tracker has left to cancel the accident).
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE IN AN EMERGENCY?
- If the GPS Tracker has detected a dangerous situation, you will be called by BikerSOS to check whether it is really an emergency.
- BikerSOS will try to call you 3 times on the number you have registered with BikerSOS. It is therefore important that you always have your phone with you when you go for a ride.
- If you answer one of the 3 calls, the alarm will be cancelled.
- If you do NOT answer any of the 3 calls, the alarm will be forwarded to the emergency contacts activated in the app and to the emergency call centre.
- From this point on, the procedure is the same as in the app: the active emergency contacts receive an SMS with a link to the emergency page and the emergency call centre starts the emergency protocol.
- If it is a false alarm or you reach your phone too late to answer the call, you can simply call back the number and thus cancel the alarm yourself.
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS?
Just write to us via our contact form – we will take care of your request immediately.
Now we wish you a lot of fun and a good ride with BikerSOS!